Cocos Creator v2.3 User Manual
Welcome to the Cocos Creator User Manual! Cocos Creator is a free, cross-platform, game development tool based on Cocos2d-x. This is a comprehensive and detailed guide to help you get started with designing and developing games.
Note: please select the corresponding version of the manual in the upper right corner according to the version of Cocos Creator you are using.
- As of v2.3.0, Cocos Creator has added support for 3D Physics and Collision and 3D Particle System, while the Material System has been upgraded to the official version.
- Spine ReplaceTexture.
- DragonBones ReplaceTexture.
- As of v2.1.4, Cocos Creator supports publishing to Alipay Mini Games.
- As of v2.1, Cocos Creator introduced 3D support. Please refer to v2.1.0 Release Notes.
- As of v2.0.10, Cocos Creator supports publishing to Xiaomi Quick Games and Cocos Play.
- As of v2.0.7, Cocos Creator supports publishing to Huawei Quick Games.
- As of v2.0.5, Cocos Creator supports publishing to OPPO Mini Games and vivo Mini Games.
- As of v2.0.4, Cocos Creator supports publishing to Google Play Instant.
- v2.0 Upgrade Guide.
- As of v1.10, Cocos Creator refactored the underlying resource types, most of which are unaffected, but some projects may receive warnings, please refer to v1.10 Resource Upgrade Guide.
- Getting Started
- Asset Workflow
- Scene Creation Workflow
- Renderer and Graphics
- 2D Physics and Collision
- 3D System
- 3D Physics and Collision
- Editor Extension
- Advanced Topics
- SDK Integration
- Example Collections: You can also get access to it by creating a new project using that template. It's a case by case introduction of most Cocos Creator components and features.
- Your first Cocos Creator game: Star Catcher, please read Quick Start Tutorial.
- Blackjack Demo co-developed with Tencent Games
- UI Demo
- Dark Slash: Original Dark Slash resources authorized by Veewo Games to recreate Dark Slash in Cocos Creator as a demo.
Note: these projects are not always brought up to date with the most recent version of Cocos Creator. Their default branches on GitHub are
master, which corresponds to the latest Cocos Creator version. If you are still using the old version of Cocos Creator, these projects may not be able to open, and you can try to switch to the same named branch as the old version.